Bring Your Loved Ones Here For Gentle Family Dentistry in St. LouisDr Drew on General and Family Dentistry Read Transcript
General dentistry, and even though the name “general” is in it, is so much more than just your checkup and cleaning, so to speak. Your tick-off-the-box so it's the time to see the dentist. “I'm just praying the whole time he or she's in the room, they're just gonna say, ‘Everything looks good,’ and send me on my way.” We're really trying to see the whole family from all stages of life.
We even see infants for what we call knee-lap exams, where Mom or Dad comes in with a caregiver and brings little Johnny in, and we lean them back, count their teeth, make sure everything's okay. Make sure they haven't had a bump or fall at home and they've got a problem that Mom or Dad didn't realize, to we're seeing your elderly grandfather and taking care of him when he's had a denture for 20 years and he just absolutely can't stand it.
To me, the great thing about the general part of general dentistry is that we're seeing everyone, an entire family from start to finish. We're not just seeing you at one flashpoint in your life, one snapshot so to speak, and only taking care of one problem. We're here to address you as you age and change, because our mouth and our oral health ages and changes with us. We're there along the way to help keep you out of trouble and to make you feel better if you ever do get in trouble.
Naturally you want to give your family what’s best for them. At The DentaLink, we make that easy to do. For more than 30 years, Dr. Allan Link has served the area’s residents with St. Louis family dentistry. We’ve got room for your crew as well! Benefits of our treatment include:
- Appointments available early mornings, evenings, and select Saturdays
- Peace of mind for you that your family’s smiles are in expert hands
- A wide variety of treatments available to save you time and money
- Flexible payment options, including third-party financing and dental insurance
Call our South County office today at 314-334-1474 to schedule any and all dental appointments for your family! We’re located at 2552 Lemay Ferry Road, convenient to both St. Andrew School and Hancock Elementary.
Keep Your Family Smiling With Expert Dental Care
Although we normally don’t treat children younger than 4 or 5, we can examine their teeth earlier than this to help spot any potential problems. Starting kids off early with good oral hygiene habits and regular dental visits will go a long way toward giving them healthy, lifelong smiles. Below are several treatments that you, your children, and everyone in your house can take advantage of:
- General Dentistry – Routine checkups, fluoride treatments, mouthguards, and more will keep your family’s teeth and smiles in good shape.
- Orthodontics – Teens and adults can both enjoy straight smiles from either Fastbraces or Invisalign treatment.
- Restorative Dentistry – Repair and rebuild your smile with dental implants, crowns, bridges, and more.
- Cosmetic Dentistry – Transform your smile into a work of art ready for the red carpet. We offer teeth whitening, veneers, laser gum reshaping, and more.
- Implant Dentistry – Our team will use these replacement tooth roots to make eating, smiling, and talking more comfortable for you.
- Emergency Dental Treatment – When possible we will fit you in for a same-day emergency appointment to stop your pain and provide expert dental care quickly.
- Oral Surgery – A surgical procedure is sometimes needed for optimal oral health. We can offer you inhaled sedation to help you relax during your visit.
- TMJ Treatment – Custom mouthguards or an NTI-tss device can help reduce jaw pain, headaches, teeth grinding, and clenching. In certain cases we also consult with physical therapists at Washington University School of Medicine to help patients address their overall wellness and how it affects their jaw. Patients can become equipped with the tools to holistically treat TMJ symptoms without the need for surgery in many cases.