Enjoy a Complete Smile Again With St. Louis Dental ImplantsDr Allan on Implants Read Transcript
Dental implants are especially important. First, I treat a lot of seniors, and you can make as good a denture, the best denture in the world, but it's never going to be like having an implant supported-denture or getting rid of the denture totally and getting what look like perfectly natural, functional teeth. We could have never done that in dentistry before, and now we can do it and you can't understand unless you've been a dentist as long as I have and know how bad regular dentures are, what implants can do for that person.
Then you bring that to a young patient who just had a tooth knocked out on the parking lot or wherever, they trip, they're playing football or whatever, pick-up football game, and all of a sudden they're missing a tooth, and you don't want to start down the road on a young adult with other treatments when you can replace that tooth almost as good as what it started out with. You're not compromising other teeth, you're not asking them to do anything special in home care; they have a functional tooth and a beautiful-looking, natural tooth. We couldn't have done that in dentistry before.
These young dentists don't realize what I realize, what an implant does, how much better it is for the patient in the way that they can keep it without anymore trouble, it doesn't decay. We couldn't do that in the past, so dental implants are something that I learned ... I went to Sweden right away when I heard about them back in the late 80s and learned it from Branemark himself and was one of the only general dentists in St. Louis that could do them real early on because they'd only allow specialists at the time because I heard him personally.
I've loved them ever since. It's a life-changing experience for the patient to do away with something that they're popping out of their mouth and putting it in a jar, or popping out of their mouth, it doesn't want to pop when they don't want it popping out, and they can forget about it and just enjoy what they should be doing, which is smiling and eating.
You may be thinking about dental work for your missing and damaged teeth. That’s exactly what brought many now-satisfied patients to our door in South County. They were tired of dealing with an underperforming smile. Just like we did for them, The DentaLink team offers help through St. Louis dental implants. Dr. Link and our team can use these replacement tooth roots to:
- Fill in smile gaps to give you a complete, gorgeous new grin
- Allow you to enjoy all the foods you’ve been missing out on
- Restore your chewing power to aid your digestion and help prevent health problems
- Increase your self-confidence in social and romantic settings
- Give you a significant edge when trying for a new job or promotion
- Help you look younger, more attractive, and more robust
Don’t delay your new smile. Call us today to schedule your dental implants consultation: 314-334-1474. We’re located at 2552 Lemay Ferry Road, just a short drive off I-55.
Improve Your Life With Teeth Implants
Although dental implants have been around in one form or another for hundreds of years, in the last few decades implant technology has grown by leaps and bounds. Today, teeth implants are generally made from medical-grade titanium and are surgically placed into a patient’s jaw.
Dr. Link will design your implant procedure beforehand, then use a 3-D printer to create a detailed model to guide your surgery. Afterward, he can secure a dental restoration to your implants that could potentially last for several decades! Your options for implant restoration may include:
- Single Implant Crowns – A porcelain or zirconia crown anchored to an implant will replace a single missing tooth. Using our CEREC system, we can design your new crown and make it with our own milling station located at our other dental practice across town.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – We can use two or more implants to secure a sturdy bridge, replacing several missing teeth in a row. You’ll enjoy having a complete smile as well as renewed biting power.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Implants can anchor a set of dentures, making your new teeth more stable and comfortable than traditional removable dentures could ever be. They will secure to a bar that is in turn screwed to your implants.
- Fixed Full Arch Replacement Teeth – Using a minimal number of implants (usually four), we can attach a complete arch of replacement teeth. They will look natural and give you back virtually all your biting and chewing capacity.
- Same-Day Smile – You could potentially receive your new implants and replacement teeth in just one appointment – without waiting several months in between.
Mini Implants May Work For You
Teeth implants need a sufficient amount of strong bone to bond with. If your jawbone is weak or deteriorated, or you’re not a good candidate for a bone graft procedure, then mini dental implants may be a good option for you. Mini implants:
- Require less good bone for bonding
- Need a less invasive procedure
- Allow for a shorter healing time
If you have any questions about St. Louis dental implants, or if you’d like to schedule a consultation, call us today at 314-334-1474.