Keep Smiling with General Dentistry in Ballwin, MO
The neatest thing about being a general dentist is that you can do everything. It's not like medicine, where if I'm an internist I can't do cardiology. If I'm a dentist, I can do ortho if I want to. If I'm a dentist, and that patient has a toothache, I don't have to send them to a root canal specialist. It can be done, I can get them out of pain not just with an emergency procedure, but with definitive care.
General dentistry to me is the best of all worlds, because I personally would go crazy doing one thing all the time. It's the best for the patient because they're not going to multiple offices. They're also getting somebody that sees the whole picture. If I'm only doing one thing, if I'm a surgeon, then I'm only doing the one thing. The tendency is to only recommend what I do or something in my field. When you go to a general dentist, they're recommending what's best for the patient and they're getting choices, because what's best for the patient is what they feel with information is best for themselves.
What's best for one person isn't necessarily best for the other person, because there's so many variables. I don't really think you get those variables unless you go to a dentist who does a lot of CE, who loves what they're doing, and can offer lots of choices. Not just a narrow range of choices. Again, that's what we only had 30-some-odd years when I graduated. It's terrible to think that you could go to somebody – and it's not necessarily an age thing – that wouldn't recommend everything that's out there, that makes sense for that patient.
Good oral health is the goal of general dentistry in Ballwin, MO. It’s why we take pride in providing comprehensive care for our patients. By visiting us regularly, you can:
- Improve and maintain your healthy smile
- Catch problems in the early stages
- Enjoy the confidence that comes with a cavity-free smile
Brushing and flossing daily are important, but so are regular checkups at The DentaLink. If you haven’t scheduled your next dental appointment yet, call 636-496-8584 today to visit us soon.
Prevent Problems with General Dental Care
Being proactive is the best thing you can do for your oral health. It’s why we encourage you to get routine checkups and to seek help at the first sign that something may be wrong. At our office, you can get:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams — With regular cleanings and exams, our team will remove plaque and tartar buildup. We also check for any signs of trouble so we can treat it as soon as possible.
- Gum Disease Treatments — We offer non-surgical treatments including scaling and root planing and LANAP advanced laser treatments.
- Mouthguards — We can help you get mouthguards to protect your smile from teeth grinding and sports injuries and to relieve the pain of headaches and jaw pain.
- Dry Mouth Treatments — This can be a serious issue for seniors and people taking prescription medications, but we have rinses and trays that can help.
- Bad Breath Treatments — For people with halitosis, we offer an herbal tooth and gum tonic. This is a homeopathic treatment using essential oils. It can be beneficial for people undergoing chemotherapy and gum disease treatment as well.
To aid in preventive care, we offer fluoride treatments and dental sealants. You also can take advantage of our advanced technology. Using the DIAGNOdent, we can detect decay much soon than with other methods. The VELscope helps us find possible oral cancer in the early stages.